YES BY ALL MEANS!
If you have your sights set on the top job at your company, organizational barriers are likely standing in your way. This may be especially true if you are a woman. Yes,i have seen this. However, the mental barriers holding you back may be just as strong, if not stronger.
To get what you want, you need to ask for it and, in some cases, push for it. Never assume that you are going to be treated fairly or just rewarded. You must define what you want and present the case for why the company should give it to you.
Organizational bias is REAL, but don’t let your own timidity or fear of self promotion make you lose out on what you truly deserve!
Best of Luck!!
Don’t let your ego get in the way of your desire to learn new skills. Successful people keep their mind open to new things because they know that no matter how high their level of mastery, there is always more to discover. If you have become expert in one field, seek out other fields where you can transfer and apply your expertise.
When facing challenges, even ones you have faced many times before, adopt a learner’s approach-ask questions or find new ways to solve the problem.
Please try this and see for yourself!!
In academia, critical thinking is the norm, and asking questions is desirable. On most campuses, questioning ideas is the first step, and the second is questioning the question. As a result, academia has a reputation for being too open-ended and sluggish.
In Industry, we prefer to set a deadline, get things done, focus on execution. we worry that thinking about an idea could hold up progress. I suggest you combine the two approaches to be sure you are both thinking creatively and getting results.
Ask lots of questions but don’t let the questions impede movement. The questions should drive you toward a clear and defensible outcome.
For years, leadership experts have been encouraging Managers to improve their listening skills. Good listening is not just about making the speaker feel respected and heard; it is also about making sure you understand what’s truly said. I may suggest you these three tips for better listening:
- Think: Engage in the conversation by thinking ahead and anticipating what the speaker is going to say. Try to anticipate the conclusions. Don’t just hear the words.
- Review: Pause briefly and mentally summarize the points.
- Listen; Watch nonverbal cues that could indicate what the speaker is not saying. What is not said is often as important as what is…..!
It is my suggestion that don’t rely on your memory or iphone to record and capitalize on good ideas. Go old school with a stack of 3×5 index cards. Carry them with you and, when you hear a good idea, write it down.
Trust me, the physicality of the cards forces you to reflect on them at the end of the day, and the act of writing down the idea helps you remember and process them. Having the blank cards in your pocket is also useful reminder to be looking for new ideas and, most importantly, to listen.
Enough for today!
I have some very important message to all my readers through my today’s 402nd post. If you dedicate 1 hour daily for just yourself, it will help you assess, analyze, absorb, adopt, accommodate, and attribute towards others what needs to be attributed.
You must observe complete and absolute silence. Devote a place in your house, whether indoors or outdoors that has absolutely no distraction and where you cannot be disturbed. No music, no TV or a movie during this dedicated one hour.
- Begin by having a conversation with the Lord, putting down the questions for Him. Seek, question and talk from your heart.
- If God answers your prayer, He is increasing your faith. If He delays, He is increasing your patience. If He does not answer, He has something better for you.
- From my experience, many questions that I do write to Him always find their own answers. Somehow, somewhere, almost inevitably the answers come.
- When you spend one hour alone in complete silence and converse with HIM on any matter, your energy starts to radiate and you will be at complete peace with yourself. You will be a source of strength and vitality to others which is contagious. Then wherever you go, whoever you meet, they will perceive this in you.
- When we are in a complete silence for an hour, we put our mind in a state of quiescence and it becomes the perfect instrument through which the best of ourselves manifests.
- When you converse with Him on your problems, you will find the answers that, in turn, will lead to better questions. This is your private conversation with God and is done in whatever way you feel comfortable. Pray, Seek and ask Him the questions in your heart that needs answers. your reflection must be written down.
- You can spend some time to reflect back on yesterday and where you could have improved or done a task better. Analyze why the task was not done, if not done.
- Write down all your plans for the day. Do not overpromise and underdeliver.
- Pick a book from any field that will enhance your knowledge. Read for 10-15 minutes.
THIS IS TO INFORM MY READERS, YOU CAN VISIT MY HOMEPAGE AND HAVE A LOOK AT THE BOOKS WRITTEN BY ME.
ONLINE MENTOR SCHOOL
Yes! there is no doubt that your Mentor can be your lifeline. To have a Mentor is very important for your success in life.He plays a very major and bigger role when you get stuck up in life.
If you think likewise, you may join my online Mentor school free of cost.There are only 10 seats available at present.So i will accept membership on first come first basis.
You may send your request for membership at email@example.com.
People enrolled will be informed through email.
Thanks and Best Regards