Developing yourself as a leader is not easy; behavior change is hard, time consuming and frustrating. However, removing the five most common roadblocks to change can make your path to self- development better:
- Take ownership: If you don’t think you can change, you can’t-so simple! believe in your ability to change and take ownership before getting started.
- Be Patient: Positive, lasting results take time, usually 50 percent to 100 percent longer than most people initially think.
- Accept difficulties: real change takes real work. when setting out, be prepared to face challenges you did not anticipate.
- Refuse to be distracted: Something more important will inevitably come up. you need to make your development a priority and refuse to let distraction divert your path.
- Maintain: Once you have started to see traction, don’t declare victory. Sustainable change requires maintenance over a lifetime.