The quality of your life comes down to the quality of your relationships. With your loved ones, with your self, your customers, with your suppliers. Commit to insanely great relationships and you will have an insanely great life.
And being a great human connector is pretty easy stuff. Remember, successful relationships is all about a masterful consistency around fundamentals.
The following Six first principles are profoundly simple and yet simply profound- and is it not the case for all great truths ?
- Be the first one fo say hello, namaste or whatever may be appropriate when you meet another person. In other words, be kind first which takes courage, because we are all scared of rejection.
- Smile a lot. It is one of the best ways to have someone open up to you. Remember, we make lasting impressions on people within the first few minutes of meeting them.
- Use people’s name. This is really important. It shows that you care, and is a mark of respect.
- Look people in the eye when you speak to them.
- Offer honest compliments. Praise is free. Never miss an opportunity to celebrate and elevate another person, whether at work or at home. You will connect with the best within them. And then they will give you their best. Leave people better than you found them.
- Treat everyone like royalty. And i do mean everyone; it scared me when someone is really nice to me but rude to a waiter- no consistency there. Behave as if you will never see them again.
Master these First Principles and you will get to your mountaintop more quickly than you can imagine!!