I think it depends from person to person.
I have two views on this subject.
1-I want to inform my those readers,who may not be aware about it,what is after all this premarital counselling all about and based on these vital information,you can take your own decision whether you need it or not!!
2-Whether you decide to take a premarital counselling or not,your married life will be no different from our present lives-we will continue to face ups and down and series of problems in our married life.In order to effectively handle such problems and lead a happy married life what you really need is the ‘RIGHT THINKING’,’LOTS OF PATIENCE’ and ability to keep shifting your perspective during difficult time in your married life!! Follow these three things and see the magic yourself.
- Premarital counselling generally consists of a few individual sessions with the counsellor, followed by a joint session with both the partners.A minimum of five to six sessions is recommended to address all the concerns the couples might have about marriage.Depending upon the couples needs and the therapist’s approach,however,the number of sessions could be increased or decreased.
- Premarital counselling can help you gain an insight into your partner’s personality,look past their differences and understand issues from their point of view.
- Premarital counselling teaches you to discuss with your partner your expectations and financial plans,among other practical yet awkward issues.
- As an unbiased person,a counselor usually listens to what both the partners have to say without being judgmental and then help discuss issues that might be uncomfortable to talk about or cause fear or anxiety.A counsellor can coax you to address your current issues as well as potential areas of conflict,openly discuss them and also build strategies to sort out differences.
- These sessions that covers various topics in the form of questionnaires can help you reflect on how your beliefs and behavior could impact this new phase of your lives.
Whether you will take this premarital counselling or not is your personal choice.But please do not overlook the importance of meeting each other’s parents.Family background is very important.you should spend sufficient time with them to know their habits and values before you decide to take the plunge. Remember,a couples respective parents are their image and shadow which has a great impact and influence in shaping respective couple’s values,behavior and habits.There can be exceptions but this act as an indication,valuable input and guiding factor.
A SMALL SERVICE TO MY BELOVED READERS:
As i am also a life coach, if you so desire, you can refer to me your personal, professional and family issues either through my blog or my email (given below) and I would send you my advice within a week.I am extending my services to you for a very nominal fee of 1 $ per advice which I only want to charge because when you get something free, you do not value it.My main objective
is to give you the benefit of my knowledge and three decades experience so that you begin to think and understand life issues in an appropriate and rational manner and right perspective and lead a calm,anxiety free and happy life.
My email: email@example.com
Thanks and Regards.