“WHY DO YOU HESITATE TO SAY-‘NO’?
LEARN TO SAY “NO”
WE HAVE LIMITS TO OUR TIME, ENERGY AND INTERESTS.
Like saying YES is important in life, saying NO is also equally important, so if you have learnt the art of saying NO– you will rarely be over committed or over extended.
- You will never have to break a promise.
- You will never have to compromise.
- You will never burn out.
- You will be able to give 100 % on your terms, not someone else’s.
- You will function at your best and have a little left.
- You will function at you best and have a little left in reserve.
We had a salesman in our corporate marketing group who could never say “NO” in meetings to decide who would call on specific companies, he was always raising hand, saying, “I will take that one”. His files bulged with prospects. The funny thing was, he could sell when he gave himself enough time to do the job properly. But he spread himself too thin.
He ended up doing the company and himself a disservice. The sales he made could not erase all the opportunities that fell through the cracks. He would have been much better off saying “NO”. By taking on less work, he would have accomplished much more.
MESSAGE: IF THERE IS A NEED TO SAY ‘NO’- SAY-NO!!
“YOU CAN BE A GOOD PERSON WITH A KIND HEART AND STILL SAY NO.”